Trigger warning:

This site may, in fact always will contain images and information likely to cause consternation, conniptions, distress, along with moderate to severe bedwetting among statists, wimps, wusses, politicians, lefties, green fascists, and creatures of the state who can't bear the thought of anything that disagrees with their jaded view of the world.

Sep 17, 2009

Anniversary,Mount Mulligan Mine Disaster.


These cable drums were blown 50 feet from their foundations following a coal dust explosion. They each weighed two tons.

Last year I posted on the anniversary of the Mt Mulligan mine disaster of 1921. I will have to do it a couple of days early this year as I am heading back to work tomorrow. An anonymous commenter sent me a Youtube reference to it, which I found enlightening and for those who are interested it is here.

Unfortunately there is not an embed code.

I am not sure why, but I have had quite a few visits to that post from Google etc. searches. When I wrote it, it was mainly as something for my regular readers to share my experience, but the event seems to still draw enquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment