The Gillard-Green Coalition is determined to rush the 19 Carbon Tax Bills through the Australian Parliament early this week.
We need help to kill them. Put the Heat on the Pollies. Please spread this around. Let them hear our protest.Cartoon: By Pickering.
By Viv Forbes, Chairman,
Two years ago, in June 2009, supported by a few other maverick climate alarm sceptics and even fewer in the non-government media, the Carbon Sense Coalition opposed the Rudd-Wong-Turnbull Ration and Tax Scheme. The public support of the sceptics was dramatically contrasted with the lack of support from big business. The people and the sceptics won, and the Rudd-Wong-Turnbull RATS scheme was beaten. For a reminder of this battle see:
But the Carbon War is far from over. Now we have Brown-Gillard-Combet trying to ram down our throats a new carbon tax followed by a revamped RATS Scheme. We are not helped in this battle by luke warmists such as Greg Hunt. And we face daily alarmism from the whole government media/research empire.
But the sceptics are now far more numerous, the public is far more aroused, and some politicians are getting nervous. They know that we will never forget who votes for the Carbon Tax Bills. We will remember them in the next election.
As the Tories in UK are learning:
"The political consensus that defined action to curb carbon emissions and tackle climate change is drawing to a close."- James Murray, Business Green 5 October 2011.
And Green/ALP Coalition needs to remember:
"Political parties that campaign in favour of action on climate change get smashed at the polls." - Tim Montgomerie, ConservativeHome 6 October 2010).
Let's have a look at: Ten Key Tests for the Carbon Tax Bills.
1. Is there any evidence of unusual or dangerous global warming? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
2. If we do nothing will it cause runaway global warming? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
3. Is there an unusual or dangerous amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
4. Does carbon dioxide control global temperatures? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
5. Can human action control the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
6. Is extra carbon dioxide a pollutant in the atmosphere, or a danger to life on earth? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
7. Will our tax on carbon dioxide have any effect on world production of carbon dioxide or on global climate? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
8. Will the big economies in our region such as USA, Japan, China and India follow us in taxing and rationing carbon fuels? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
9. Will our major competitors such as Indonesia, Brazil, Canada and South Africa follow us in taxing carbon dioxide? NO. Therefore we should reject the carbon tax bills.
10. Are the benefits of taxing carbon dioxide likely to exceed the costs in job losses, wasted savings, destruction of asset values and increased costs for electricity, transport, food and construction materials? NO.
The Carbon Tax Bills have failed the Ten Point Test and thus should be rejected. (For those who are interested we can support any of the above conclusions).