Trigger warning:

This site may, in fact always will contain images and information likely to cause consternation, conniptions, distress, along with moderate to severe bedwetting among statists, wimps, wusses, politicians, lefties, green fascists, and creatures of the state who can't bear the thought of anything that disagrees with their jaded view of the world.

Feb 10, 2008

Romney Supporters coming over.


By Jim Fryar.

I have joined bloggers for McCain, as while being an Australian I tend to have a great deal of interest in what goes on over there, and tend to discuss quite a bit of politics with Americans, as I tend to find the moderate Republicans stand about where I find myself politically.

 I am actually more libertarian than most republicans, however while I keep contact with the LP I find myself at odds with them on matters such as defense, and their tendency to be a bit more “in your face” than voters are likely to accept.

I could support Wayne Allyn Root, but he is really a moderate Republican anyway. It really is a shame he decided to stand Libertarian but I wish him well.

When I decided to support John McCain I found myself in the embarrassing position of being almost the only one of my group of contacts who was not supporting Romney, who I quite liked as well, but that’s history. I did however have concerns about some of the statements from some of them that if he wasn’t the nominee they would sit the election out or vote for Wayne Root.

This doesn’t seem to have happened as most Romney supporters I have been in contact with seem to have come over to the position of acceptance, that a Democrat President would be a disaster, and are willing to compromise after all. I am delighted to find a couple of them on this blogroll.

One suggestion that has come up from some of those who do not support us is that they make a serious effort to try to get moderate Republicans elected in the House, Senate, and in the state legislatures. While I am disappointed that they are not with us, this effort is in itself commendable as their efforts will assist us in getting a Republican elected as president from the flow-on effect, and hopefully a great presidential campaign will get us more of the right sort of people elected in the various houses.

It would be better if they were behind us, but what they are doing should result in a win win situation anyway. Once our man is the nominee we should support their efforts and hopefully they will reciprocate. Their efforts should help us unless they decide to be bloody-minded about it, in which case they would be cutting off their noses to spite their faces and I think they are brighter than that.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of your support. Our Bloggers have become quite literally McCain's entire online presence. We are the basis of the "Grass-Roots" efforts. Our new 'google-groups' launch (you'll see soon) will add to that effort greatly assisting both McCain Victory 08 and the official campaign.

    Keep UP The Great Work!!

    Slainte'

    Mad
    Executive Director McCain Victory 08
    sfolger@mccainvictory08.com

    http://www.mccainvictory08.com
    http://madirishmaninc.blogspot.com/

    The ultimate determinant in the struggle now going on for the world will not be bombs and rockets but a test of wills and ideas-a trial of spiritual resolve: the values we hold, the beliefs we cherish and the ideals to which we are dedicated.
    Ronald Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with my friend Mad. It is great to see you have joined us. I am going around to all our new blogs and I thank you for your support for John McCain.

    Brad Marston
    National Chairman
    McCainVictory08

    ReplyDelete