Trigger warning:

This site may, in fact always will contain images and information likely to cause consternation, conniptions, distress, along with moderate to severe bedwetting among statists, wimps, wusses, politicians, lefties, green fascists, and creatures of the state who can't bear the thought of anything that disagrees with their jaded view of the world.

Dec 8, 2008

Blow for Obama, Oprah Unavailable.



I can only hope the President elect and his organization are not feeling too crushed today over the devastating news that Oprah will not serve in his cabinet; as ‘Town Hall’ reports: -





Although Oprah Winfrey worked hard on Barack Obama's presidential election campaign, she never considered going to work for the president-elect's administration, the talk show host said Friday.
"I have a few full-time jobs already and a few full-time commitments, you know _ contractual commitments that say I have to be where I am," Winfrey told AP Television. "So, it never ever occurred to me, not even occurred to me."

Winfrey said she would stay put, even if the president-elect came calling.

"Even if I was offered, I still have contractual commitments and what could I do?" Winfrey said. "I do what I do best on TV every day."

Earlier this week, Winfrey's production company confirmed she would host her Chicago-based talk show to Washington for at least two episodes during inauguration week. She'll have a live show from the Kennedy Center Opera House one day before the ceremony, and tape another one on Jan. 21. …..
There is no news as to why she made this announcement or why she thought it possible that Obama would “come calling.”

What with the giveaways on her show, and Obama’s intention to work more aggressively on bigger and better bailouts, it is possible that some speculation may have arisen in her mind, that she might be considered for Treasury Secretary.

No comments:

Post a Comment